Oct 30, 2005

Went to church today. This is apart of marriage that I have really been enjoying so far. Until July, my experience with God, my relationship with Him, all of the events I had attended, my search and seeking of Him -- it's always been an individual journey for me. I've been doing it alone to some extent. But now, here we are together seeking God's presence, and fellowshipping with others. I can't imagine my life any other way - worshipping God through all things. Not just simply at church, the way I thought it worked a long, long time ago. Did you ever believe that? Did you ever believe that worship only happened when you went to church on Sunday morning and sang hymnals with the minister up front? Sure, I did, too, once. And then, several years ago now, the Lord revealed to me that worship happens every day, through all things.

As much as I really hate to clean (when I can afford it, I'm hiring a maid ... hehehe. You think I'm kidding), it's tolerable - actually enjoyable - so long as I have worship music on. I can clean my house, if it's for the Lord I'm cleaning it for. Does that sound weird? For my husband - clean? Sure, if he helps me :) Actually -- that is a really very very good way for him to show me how much he loves me. By helping me clean. That speaks VOLUMES to me. I love having a clean and presentable home -- but sometimes

[break! our neighbors just stopped by :)! A little boy named Jordan from next door wanted to pet the kitty :)]

I just feel like I have better things to do. I know it; it sounds awful. On the other side of that, though -- there's just nothing like a clean house :) Everything to be cleaned and put away in the right spot.

OKAY - well, I'm going to sign off for now, and finish the dishes :) Does it seem like I blog as a distraction from cleaning?? Sometimes after I re-read some of these ... I think to myself, self - you need to just clean before you allow yourself to blog. Well, we'll see if I do next time.

No comments: