Oct 24, 2005

Another Hectic Weekend

I'm starting to get used to crazy hectic weekends. Aren't they supposed to be relaxing? We went home for the weekend - which is always nice, regardless of how fast and crazy they seem :) Always refreshing to see home and to see family. I love family :) I love home!

You know what was weird? The first thing I said to Dan was, "doesn't everything seem so big and wide open??" When we got to Dan's parents' home - the next thing I asked was, "doesn't this room seem huge? What a gi-normous house!" After living in a small apartment in a huge city -- yeah. But you know what? With each passing day, 1075 33rd St, Apt 4, Des Moines, Iowa just seems more and more like our little part of the earth. :)

My maternal grandparents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary, and we were able to be there to share in the celebration with them! It was wonderful :) They showed a viewing of my grandparents' wedding video and everything. Neato. Who knew Uncle Dave would have filmed their wedding way back in 1955?? I love my grandparents so much - they are so special to me, and I can't imagine how different my life would be like without them.

Poor Horatio kitty had to stay home. For some reason, Dan didn't want to bring the cat with us for an 8 hour drive :) I have no idea why not. I think it would have been hillarious for the cat to go potty in the kitty litter box in the back seat while the car is in motion. What if he slipped? Hahahahaha.

My parents are putting the house on the market next week. Cool. When I was little, I hated to leave our houses - even though we had only lived in some of them for like, 2 years. But now, although we've been here for about 10 years, I'm just kind of like, "cool - let's do it". Maybe it's just because I'm ready for that next chapter of my life. I'm ready to move out completely, have a family of my own, have a home of our own. But I'm sure I'll always feel at home and warm whereever my mom and dad are :)

Dan's family were all doing well. We stayed with his dad and Kami. Saw Carl several times. Saw his mom and Bill and Victoria at lunch on Sunday. These weekends just go by too fast. Not enough time to really spend with everyone. Sad.

We're getting a car! Yea! We went today to do the paper work. We're getting a 2006 Pontiac G6. I'm excited. We've been thinking and planning for this for the past couple of weeks, ever since the Trans Am was smashed into. I'm just glad that we can afford something brand new - so that we don't have to worry about unpredictable mechanical malfunctions.

No comments: