Nov 5, 2005

I've been thinking about Mary Kay every once in awhile. I believe in what it does for women. I believe in how it enables women to soar among the stars and be able to provide for their family in a real way. But the entire time that I have been doing it, I've been trying to find some purpose in it, some cause. The only thing that I can really wrap my arms around is what it could be for my family. It would enable me to stay home with my kids, while contributing financially. I want to be able to use a portion of the money I make to send kids on mission trips. Stuff like that. But what am I really doing for women out there? Could I incorporate it into something bigger? I don't know. I thought about just offering friends and family to get everything half off through me - but then I wouldn't be making that profit at all. Does it matter? Maybe I could just be a door for another woman to enter into the world of MK?

I love what I'm doing right now, with State Farm. I am loving my work in the Bank products - helping people save money on things they have to have anyway, in order to be financially sound and secure. I love it. I love being knowledgable in such things, so that I can help those around me to better understand their finances and be better prepared for the future. I love it, because I'm helping people and it has a purpose. When I have kids, though, I'm not going to be able to do this full time - maybe part time? I don't know.

But that's what I want in MK or whatever I do. I want a purpose. I want flexibility - because my God does come first, and my family does come second - and then I can focus on a career.

1 comment:

bloggrez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.