Jul 3, 2006

Warning: This post might be viewed as a Rated R
(Not the usual "right to hell rating" - I am married)

Planning for an Anniversary

He never reads these, so I shouldn't have to worry about ruining the surprise.
Dan is in New Zealand and has about 2 weeks left there now. He's missing our 1st year anniversary, so I've got a lot planned for him when he gets home :)

We'll be at my parent's house in Maryland when he first gets back. I am going to have to rent a hotel room for at least one night (right? It's just too weird having sex in my parent's house... let alone doing anything more than we usually do) I'm trying to plan a night of remembering the past year, savor the moment of the night and look forward to what's coming ahead. I made him a scrapbook of our first few months together, and I made him some coupons for things that he loves me to do : for example, he LOVES it when I tickle his back. Not scratch it, but to just run my fingers over his back, sometimes just barely touching the small hairs. So, he will have a coupon for 1 hour worth of back tickling :) I've also hid 52 playing cards around the house. For what purpose, I'll leave to your imagination.

I have also recently purchased a couple of things to prepare for the night. One is Turbo Jam! To work on my abs and start to lose a little bit of weight. I love Turbo Jam - it is SO much fun, and I'm really starting to see the results I was hoping for (I've decided to become one of those success stories you see on the infomercials :)). The second purchase is more for those exciting first few nights when Dan comes home. I got about 5 pieces of sexy lingerie. I won't describe them for you, except that one looks awfully similar to a nurse's uniform :).

Other than the exciting joy of enjoying God's gift to married couples, I am SO looking forward to just embracing each other while sitting on the swing outside in the evening, watching the sky go from beautiful sunset to starry, starry night. Those times which allow us to catch up and talk, talk, talk.

I love being married.

No comments: