Jul 9, 2006

[It's Victoria's Birthday! - Happy Birthday, Tori!!]


"There is a God who loves me, who wraps me in His arms ... Take me to that place, Lord! To that secret place where I can be with you - You can make me like You! Wrap me in your arms. Wrap me in your arms. Wrap me in your arms."

If it weren't for His arms wrapping around me.. How do they do it?? How do they live without Him?? It's no wonder the world is falling a part, obesity out of control, depression creeping in, marriages falling a part. No wonder.

I love that secret place. I love it. I love it, I love it, I love it. I love to hide there. I love to spend time there and just be with God. I love it. There is no place in the world I would rather be. It's where I feel safe, rejuvenated, refreshed, secure, purpose-filled. I love it. I just pray that my family feels the same way, you know? It's important to me that my family trusts in God completely. That they long for His presence and power in their lives more than that life itself. How do you encourage that? The only way I know is by living it and practicing myself - taking everything to God, falling on my face before Him when I fall.

Abba - keep us healthy. Keep our eyes on You. We trust You with our money, we trust You with our family, we trust You. Help me to know how to encourage Dan. I trust You to give me the words. I love Him so much, Lord - please help me to express that to him in a way that means more than anything. Lord, please give us confirmation on when it's time to start a family. You know I'm always ready J but we trust You to lead us - You know if our finances are decent enough, You know if we're emotionally and physically ready to handle it. Be with Dan, Abba - keep him safe. Draw him near to You. Speaking of which.. draw me nearer, too. Lord... wrap me in Your arms.

No comments: