Jul 4, 2006

Happy Fourth of July!!

So, I'm at my parent's home in Maryland. I'm getting pretty excited, because we're going to Washington D.C. for the fireworks and everything! Yea!!! I've only ever watched these on TV and now we get to go in person, for real. ... I just wish Dan were here.

It's amazing how much of me just doesn't feel complete without him here. You know what, though - now that I'm married, I definitely need these times to bring me back to reality, you know? Dan will never be able to completely fill me. Only Jesus can do that. And as much as I don't feel complete without him, the only one who can truly complete me is JESUS. Still, I miss him.

I think I've been writing about how much I miss Dan - I guess it's just always in the back of my mind. Or in the case of when I'm writing, in the fore-front of my mind. I am so ready for him to graduate. I am so ready to start having kids. I am so ready to be done at State Farm. I am READY. But the time is not here yet, so what else am I supposed to be getting out of this..? Something to seek God about, certainly.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hey there! I might be around on the 16th; I'm not really sure what's going on but please give me a call when you're in town! 317-525-5122 (cell phone). I am sorry that your hubby is going to miss your 1 year anniversary but I am sure that he will make it up to you when he gets home :-) I hope that you are having fun, or had fun, not sure which, with your family! Talk to you soon.