Sep 13, 2009

Neverending Travels

By the end of the summer, I'm usually ready to be done traveling. And yet, here I am going on a trip again. I'm driving with Dan to Ottumwa, Iowa (about 2 hours away from Des Moines) and he's going to drop me off at the train station Tuesday morning. I should arrive in Niles, Michigan that night. Then my cousin Emily and I are leaving by train from South Bend, Indiana on Wednesday at 9:19pm and should arrive at Union Station in Washington D.C. on Thursday. I've never traveled by train before, but I am looking forward to it. I'm just so glad I don't have to drive! And it's way cheaper than flying. It will be good to see my parents and my brother, but I'm really going to miss Dan. He has to work all week and won't be able to go with us. I should be back on Thursday, Sept 24. Sheesh, that feels so far away. And then the rush to pack the house begins. We have to be out of the house by October 8, 2009, so long as everything goes well. So the current tentative plan is to pack the house up, move the weekend before the 8th, drive the house filled truck back to Indiana, unpack into a storage unit, and then Dan and I have to be back by that Monday so that Dan can work and we both have to be present for the closing on the 8th. Oh Lord, please let the inspections go well!



My Signature

No comments: