Oct 19, 2009

Brown County 2009

The best weekend every two years has come and gone. Sad to say. Every two years, my family travels to Brown County State Park near Nashville, Indiana for a reunion. This year, I drove down to Indianapolis on Thursday and met my mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, niece, nephew, brother and soon to be sister-in-law. The next day, we met the rest of the extended family at the state park. I took pictures of the family on Saturday - which was a lot of fun! I'll have to post some here as soon as they're ready. I haven't even uploaded them from my camera yet. I've just been exhausted from the trip. Dan drove from Iowa Friday and left Sunday afternoon. I'll get to see him in one more week again. That helps a lot, since we can't be together right now.

Here's a picture of the Saddle barn:
Saddle Barn
Normally, I horseback ride with everyone else, but obviously I can't ride a horse pregnant. So I took pictures of the little kids riding the ponies around the ring. Fun :)

What was the highlight for me ..? I suppose seeing everyone and spending time with family. I enjoy the moments when we're all in one room, just talking. You can't really plan for that, it just happens. It's weird to think that in two years, when we go back again, I'll be 27 and have a one and a half year old.

My Signature

No comments: