Sep 22, 2006

Maybe It's an Iowa Thing..

Just some things that I have noticed lately that have caused me to think to myself, "it must be an Iowa thing".

1. We're in a city. And yet. Everyone has a garden. Not just a flower garden, but a vegetable garden - with real fruits and vegetables that they actually eat. I know no one in Indiana that has a working vegetable garden... At least not that I can think of.

2. Everyone is always bringing left overs to others. If you're at work, someone will bring in something to be eaten. If you go to church, someone is passing out left overs. And all of these left overs are contained in cottage cheese/whipped cream/sour cream containers (empty of the original contents, of course). Wow..

1 comment:

Beth said...

Well, my dad and sister both have vegetable gardens and we eat the vegetables :-) My grandpa used to always have one but hasn't planted one recently. You're funny!